Thursday, January 26, 2012

FLOOR WAX that's good for your hands?

I was asked about a floor/furniture polish recipe and since I do not have wood floors at the moment, nor did I have them in Boulder, CO the thought never occurred to me. After looking in Annie Berthold Bond's book Better Basics for the Home, I found a few options. One contains water and may not be best for a wood floor and the other is waterless. Oh and she mentions that these are pure enough to be used as a hand moisturizer. Imagine that, polishing your floor and getting soft hands. The recipe below wasn't as complicated or containing as many ingredients as the water version. Another option is to just use jojoba oil, but that is rather expensive.
As I have not tried this I can't attest to the effectiveness, but I would love to hear from any of you that have already tried this or are going to.

Join me next Thursday as I share my failed attempt at making dish soap.

Basic Waterless Wax Floor Salve

Ingredients

  • 4 ounces olive oil or jojoba
  • 1/2 ounce beeswax
  • 1/2 ounce carnauba wax

Directions

  1. In a double boiler over low heat, melt the oil and waxes; this should take about five minutes. Remove from heat and with a hand mixer blend until creamy.
  2. Store in a glass jar for up to a year if olive oil was used and indefinitely if jojoba oil was used (it doesn't go rancid).
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 5 min Ready in: 30 min
Click to add this recipe to your Recipe Book
Basic Waterless Wax Floor Salve courtesy of Jamie Del Balso.

1 comment: