Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Monday 2/20/2012



This Week’s Meal Plan: 2/20 – 2/26

Breakfast
Yogurt and Granola; Steel Cut Oats with grapefruit; Morning Cereal Mix; Eggs and Toast; Cottage Cheese Pancakes (from the freezer)

Lunch
Left-overs mostly; Frozen soup; Grilled Cheese; PB&J; Quesadillas

Snacks
Banana Flax Muffins, Popcorn, Hummus and Carrots, Apples and Peanut Butter, Butternut Spice Bars (still have not had a chance to make these), Homemade Pretzels

Dinner
  • Monday – Venison & Bean Enchiladas with Mexican Rice
  • Tuesday – Shrove Tuesday Crepes with Bacon and fruit
  • Wednesday – Chicken and Mashed Potatoes with Corn
  • Thursday – Spaghetti with Broccoli
  • Friday – Game Night = Appetizers (I’m bringing Cheesy Rye Crisps and Chocolate Mousse Pie)
  • Saturday – Soup from the freezer
  • Sunday – Pizza


This week is a bit different with  the start of Lent and a Game Night thrown in there too. Next week should be back to our normal schedule. I was looking through some Cook’s Illustrated Magazines today, not sure why as I have the next two weeks of meals already planned out, but it made me want warmer weather for some of our favorite summertime meals. I know I could make them, but I try to stay away from veggies that are currently not in season. I might have to cave since Gyros have been on my mind for awhile now. What is on your menu for the week?

Cook's Illustrated, one of my favorite food magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment